Hello! Today I'm going to show you how you can add a background to your post title in blogger. I'm no expert, but this is incredibly simple, and can really add that extra touch to your blog design. When I decided I wanted to add a background to mine, I tried a few different codes before I found one that worked, and this one is (obviously) it. This only works in blogger though - I have zero clue how wordpress works, sorry!
1. The first and hardest step to this is finding a background for your text. I made one in photoshop, and if you would like to use one of the ones I made, you can scroll down to grab them. Otherwise, create a new one in an image editor (250 x 50 are the dimensions I used).
2. Upload your image to Tinypic.com or another image hosting site.
3. Go to blogger > template > customize > Advanced > Add CSS and copy & past the code below into the field.
4. Copy and paste your image url into the spot that say 'paste url here'. If you scroll down so that you can see your post title in the preview, you should see it change. If you have an image like mine where you want the text to sit next to and not over it, increase the padding-left value until it sits where you want it.
5. Click "apply to blog" and then "back to blogger".
6. If you found this helpful, consider pinning the image below! Not necessary, but definitely appreciated ;)
Simply right-click and save the color you want and upload it to your imagehosting site. The size of these will change depending on how big you set your post title text to be.
Have any questions? leave them in the comments below and I'll try my best to help you out!